At PregPreg we know all about the best part of baby making! This month, we share some healthy and fruitful food-related tips for making your, um, play the best ever! Read on for some surprising info on libido-boosting foods that will whet your appetite for some steamy evenings to keep you warm this winter.

Sweet nothings aren’t just chocolate and strawberries. Black raspberries, watermelon, and figs are three sweet twists on libido-boosting dessert basics. Incorporate these super-charged fruits into your repertoire and you may just be surprised by the results. Here’s why:

Black raspberries contain high levels of Vitamin C, a key nutrient in male fertility. They are also a good source of Folate, which is known to be essential in key stages of female fertility and early embryo development. Consider making a raspberry parfait for dessert, or just hand-feed each other a big bowl of plump, juicy berries in bed.

We all know watermelon is chock full of water – 92% in fact…. But did you ever think about what else was in there? Turns out that the remaining 8 percent of fruit is jam-packed with vital nutrients for sexual health. Apparently, watermelon has properties that deliver Viagra-like effects to the human body’s blood vessels and could even aid in increasing libido. Whoa! Perhaps a watermelon granita is in store to cool down your hot night. Or try tossing some of the juicy fruit into a salad with feta and tomatoes. Why wait until dessert to heat things up?

Lastly, the ancient fig, one of the world’s oldest cultivated fruits, is revered since ancient times for its aphrodisiac properties. In many cultures, figs are considered a symbol of fertility. They have a higher overall mineral profile than any other common fruit or vegetable and are particularly high in calcium, iron, potassium, and zinc; key nutrients for a healthy pregnancy. A chocolate covered fig is our favorite way to go, but if you want to double down on their benefits, also serve them sliced atop toast spread thin with fresh ricotta. Drizzle a little honey over the top and you have a simply-made sexy appetizer.

Dessert isn’t everything though. Don’t forget what gets you going the rest of the day.

Consider the almond. It contains zinc and selenium, which are minerals that figure in good sexual health and reproduction. Selenium can help with infertility issues and Zinc is a mineral that helps produce testosterone and can boost libido. We like to toast them and toss them into salads, cereals, and side dishes like couscous or quinoa. It’s also great to keep a handful of raw almonds around as a handy go-to snack.

Finally, we consider the pomegranate the most gorgeous fruit, with its sexy jewel-like seeds bursting forth when you crack it open. Who knew it owes its sexual strength to antioxidants, which protect the lining of blood vessels, allowing more blood to run through them. What’s the benefit? Increased genital sensitivity. Not a bad thing. Have a glass of pomegranate juice mixed with sparkling water at breakfast to start things off right or like the almond, sprinkle the seeds over a salad or a roasted butternut squash.

Keep these super-sexy foods in mind every day to boost your conception chances.

At PregPrep we care about your health and wellness and want to give you all the advice you need to get yourself in baby making shape!