Trying to get pregnant can be more challenging than anticipated. So here is a list of 5 vitamins that might help improve your chances of conception!
- Folic Acid: Folic Acid is an essential supplement for any woman trying to conceive. Studies have shown that adequate folic acid intake may reduce a woman’s risk of having a child with brain or spinal cord birth defect. PregPrep’s Natural Conception Kit includes VitaMelts, which contain folic acid as well as Vitamin D and B12, both of which are designed to support normal ovulation. VitaMelts are easy to consume and melt away in your mouth!
- Vitamin C: Taking vitamin C can improve hormone levels and increase fertility in women with luteal phase defect, according to certain studies. Vitamin C has also been shown to improve sperm quality and protect sperm from DNA damage in men, which can help reduce miscarriages and chromosomal problems.
- Selenium: Selenium is an antioxidant that helps protect sperm and eggs from free radicals, which can cause chromosomal damage. Selenium is also important for the creation of sperm.
- Zinc: Zinc works with more than 300 different enzymes in your body to keep things running smoothly. You and your partner should intake plenty of zinc. It helps fertility and ovulation in women as well as semen and testosterone production in men. Oysters, whole grains, beans and dairy products are all rich in zinc.
- Vitamin E: This is the vitamin of choice for the overall male and female reproductive systems. For women, vitamin E is fertility-friendly—it improves the quality of cervical mucus. It also prolongs the sperm’s life within the female for a couple of extra days, which makes it more likely for the egg to get fertilized. It is recommended that men take vitamin E to enhance sperm motility. You can get your sources of vitamin E by eating green vegetables, almonds, olive and sunflower oil.