Healthy, convenient and portable, smoothies are oh so good for you when trying to get pregnant. Rich in fertility foods and powerful anti-oxidants, they keep your eggs and sperm young and healthy. Check out these delicious recipes we put together for you that are perfect and refreshing for the upcoming summer weather!
1. Green Tea Smoothie: This green smoothie is packed with grapes, spinach, green tea and avocado. If you’re looking to make it a bit sweeter, add a touch of honey.
- 3 cups frozen white grapes
- 2 packed cups baby spinach
- 1 1/2 cups strong brewed green tea, cooled
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- 2 teaspoons honey
2. Citrus Berry Smoothie: This smoothie is bursting with berries and orange juice, healthful sources of carbohydrates and powerful antioxidants. It’s perfect if you plan on being active, since free radicals are produced any time the body’s cells process oxygen.
- 1 1/4 cups fresh berries
- 3/4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk
- 1 tablespoon toasted wheat germ
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3. Wake-Up Smoothie: Jump-start your day with this nutritious and tasty smoothie. Taking just a few minutes to make, it provides you with vitamin C, fiber, potassium and soy protein.
- 1 1/4 cups orange juice, preferably calcium-fortified
- 1 banana
- 1 1/4 cups frozen berries, such as raspberries, blackberries, blueberries and/or strawberries
- 1/2 cup low-fat silken tofu, or low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon sugar, or Splenda Granular (optional)
4. Banana Berry Smoothie: This bright and easy smoothie packs two servings of fruit, fiber and soy protein into one drink!
- 1 1/4 cups orange juice
- 1 ripe medium banana, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup frozen blueberries, blackberries or raspberries
- 1/2 cup silken tofu
- 2 ice cubes, crushed
- 1 tablespoon sugar, (optional)
5. Melon Ginger Smoothie: Spiked with ginger, this smoothie will definitely be sure to perk you up after a nice bike ride or make a great summer snack!
- 1 cup chopped honeydew melon
- 1/3 cup chopped peeled kiwi, (1 large)
- 1/2 ripe banana, sliced
- 1/4 cup white grape juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger juice
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/3 cup lemon sorbet
- 1/2 cup ice
6. Hawaiian Smoothie: This exotic smoothie is perfect for the summer. Papayas are loaded with papain, a digestive enzyme, so this smoothie is a good way to settle your stomach after a big meal.
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled papaya
- 1/4 cup guava nectar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grenadine
- 1/2 cup ice