You’re ready to have a baby, and you’re doing your best to make it happen. But even when you’re doing everything you can, it’s still a waiting game. Here’s how you can make the whole process a little less stressful and maybe even have some fun!
1. Make time for self-care and relaxation. Taking care of yourself doesn’t only have to mean keeping up with your doctor visits and eating healthy. You should also find time to relax during this time in your life. Whether it be taking a bubble bath, a yoga class, or just curling up and reading a good book, you know yourself best, and you know what will help you relax the most.
2. Spend more romantic time with your partner. When trying to conceive, it’s common for sex to feel more like a chore in your relationship. Forget about baby making and just plan some time to do things together. You’ll be surprised at how much fun you have when you’re not stressing about other things.
3. Use the right tools to give yourself the best odds. Head to your OB/GYN for a preconception checkup. Keep track of your ovulation, take your vitamins, and eat fertility boosting foods. This way, you can relax a little knowing you’re doing everything you can to promote a healthy conception.
4. Allow yourself to obsess—just a little! You shouldn’t dwell on the negative, but you also shouldn’t ignore your feelings. Making time to acknowledge the difficult feelings can help you feel freer and calmer. Allow yourself to think about what’s worrying you and talk about it, but then try and move on. Easier said than done, but there are other ways to distract yourself and keep busy.
5. Don’t be afraid to seek support. Your friends and family know you better than anyone, and they will want to be there for you. Don’t be afraid to open up about how you’re feeling. You’d be surprised at how helpful they can be! However, if you feel like no one can relate to you, there are also support groups you can join.